Monday 30 July 2012

Advertisements and How to block them

I have been recently using a web-browser different than mine to perform some tests and I have noticed the copious amount of adverts which I was missing. I am using an ads blocker and, without it, I have found ads even in websites I did not expect having them.

For this reason, I decided to follow the masses and join an advertisement program. Not that I want to make money from it, but I need some more motivation to keep writing.

I do not have lots of readers, even if people say I deserve more, and I always do a long work of gathering info to provide accurate information about science and technology. Do not get me wrong, I really like doing it, but it takes time, and it is well known that time is money.

For these reasons, I will put adverts in this website.

But, since I feel guilty and I know that you might be an usual reader if you are reading this, I will tell you how to remove them!


How to block ads in your web browser


I use Firefox, and the easiest and more efficient way to block ads is using an extension called AdBlock Plus.

To install it, you just need to click the install button following the link I gav above and it will handle your ads automatically.

I am sure there are extensions similar to this one also in Chrome and other web browsers.

A really neat feature is that it also blocks YouTube adverts (the ones inside videos) making generally the web-surfing experience a great deal better.


No comments:

Post a Comment